This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is full
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- International Students students are eligible
- All fellowship applicants are eligible
The United Nations-Nippon Foundation Fellowship offers advanced training in ocean affairs and the law of the sea, as well as allied fields, including marine science to support management frameworks, to government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing States. The fellows will gain knowledge of the work of the UN, get familiar with critical challenges and best practices in maritime affairs, and hone their professional abilities. Under the guidance of an expert, fellows will also carry out independent study and create a written thesis on a subject of their choosing.
Following the Fellowship, Fellows are expected to return to their home nations and use their extensive knowledge and experience to help formulate comprehensive ocean policy and implement the legal framework outlined in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and related instruments, including by designing, carrying out, and/or evaluating specific improvement projects.
- Application deadline is September 8, 2023.
Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
- Developing Countries
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Fully-funded. A stipend, travel expenses, and other assistance will be provided to fellows in accordance with the cost of living in the nation where they will be studying..
Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24 is for fellowship applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24:
- The required age range is 25 to 40;
- You must possess a first-level university degree with honors and exhibit the ability to conduct independent advanced academic research and study;
- You must be a mid-level professional working for a developing state’s national government organ or another governmental or non-governmental organization that deals specifically with ocean affairs issues. Your job also must allow you to directly support your country in the formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs policy. Marine sciences and the science-policy nexus are included in this.
- Your “Nomination and Recommendation Form” should be filled out by a government official or other official who can attest to the nature of your work with regard to the government’s ocean affairs and law of the sea related activities and indicate how an Award would directly contribute to these activities.
- Your proposed research and study programme must directly contribute to your nation’s formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies.
- Women candidates are strongly invited to apply, with a view to achieving gender balance in the selection process
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- To apply, download the form and electronically complete all the blanks. Please enter data in sentence case (for example, John Smith), rather than writing your responses in all capital letters (for example, JOHN SMITH). Apply your digital or handwritten signature, then select “Save” to preserve your modifications. Please send the completed form back as a Word or PDF file.
- To guarantee that the application is completed, each question must get a clear and thorough response. Candidates should pay close attention to parts 18, 19, and 20 when filling out this form. Candidate attachments are limited to one extra page of the same size, if necessary.
- The “Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form” and the “Nomination and Recommendation Form” are the two forms that make up the application. The applicant must sign the first form, and the official nominating body must sign the second. You can send us the forms in either word or pdf format.
- After you have completed and signed the “Nomination and Recommendation Form” and the “Personal History and Proposed Research/Study Programme Form,” please email DOALOS at email@example.com.
Please click the Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program For Developing Countries, USA
- Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program is a fellowship position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Nippon Foundation
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here